Rainex

Works as advertised. It is especially useful in winter. There are reports that as it wears off the windshield streaks a bit, and I can confirm this. Also, it works by wetting out the windshield so you initially get a very thin film of tiny droplets after the wiper stroke, but this is preferable to the normal result of a wiper stroke on anything but a perfect windshield. One result of this though is the product works less well on pitted windshields. I have found it lasts about three months before a fresh application is required. I would not use it just for rain, but if you get rain, salt spray, ice and snow it is worth using. It is real useful on the rear window as it does not wear off as fast, does not streak at all (of course) and allows the water to form tiny droplets which are easier to see through than plain wet glass. On my SAAB hatchbacks it works very well, especially with the rear wiper.

Michael Smith
Calgary, Alberta,Canada
91 Alfa 164L