164AC

Have taken a shot at conversion to R134 simply (evacuation; then charge
and a little lube plus sealer; supposedly 35oz 134).

The fan was not coming-on -- perhaps the three-way switch....at any rate,
took a r/d with switch from a Saab 9000 [identical specs, but opposite sex
switch {the 164 fitting incorporates a schrader valve -- supposedly the
switch can be exchanged without losing the charge on the Alfa -- I was
quoted two bills for the Alfa switch} -- baked the Saab r/d @ 250F for a
couple hours to evaporate water - the fittings are otherwise identical]--
then the pump-down.

So far, so good -- the intermediate switch operates the fan appropriately,
I get 50F at the vent (a few bubbles -- when I add a little it may go
still lower).  (Now with the system working, the belt screeches though...)

r.m.bies