Re: alfa-digest V8 #1064

"Took the car again and tried the horn.  It gave one short blip and quit.  I
tested the voltage to the headlights with the car running at about 4000 rpm.
Got 12.7 v at the low beam and 14.8 v at the high beam."

You should be getting between 13.5 and 14.5 volts at the battery and
slightly less than battery voltage at the lights.  The 12.7/14.8 says you
have a bad connection somewhere.  14.8 also says the voltage regulator is
set too high which may be burning up your bulbs.  Also, check the ground
connection at the headlights.  The ground wire should run to one of the
studs behind the headlight in the fender well.  Usually someone has run them
somewhere else and they are not making a good contact.

"The horn relay clicks but no voltage gets to the horns."

Probably the relay is shot.  Mine just did the oposite.  The horn would blow
all by itself and only when I was not around.  I thought it was possessed by
demons and was just missing me!!  A generic GM relay will make a good
replacement.
Skip
67 Duetto
Norfolk Va