What is broken?

Fellow Alfisti:

A couple months ago I hit a deer with my 87 Spider Quad (this is upstate
NY).
The point of initial impact was the passenger side fender, just at the wheel
well,
as well as the passenger side of the windshield, and then several more dents
along the right side.  The windshield was caved in, and there were bits of
glass
EVERYWHERE (this was before dawn, and when I got into a lit place, I
sparkled).
I was lucky - I was at expressway speed, and if it had been a nanosecond
earlier
then the impact would have been the front of the car - it would likely have
been totaled
and I might have been killed.  But I had not a scratch, and the visible
damage is now
repaired and the car looks better than it has in years.
But for a week or so after the windshield was replaced, I kept finding
pieces of glass,
including some falling from under the dash, and a few days ago, when hard
braking,
two more pieces fell out onto my feet. I had thought that they were all
pieces of windshield,
altho I did wonder how large pieces could have gotten up underneath the
dash.
But as I look more closely at these last two pieces, I'm not sure - I wonder
if something else
could be broken.
The thickness is 3 mm, I see no evidence of a sticky shatter-resistant
plastic layer, and
they appear to be flat (altho that is hard to judge since the length of the
larger piece is
only 28 mm).  I'd expect a piece of windshield to be thicker, have a plastic
layer,
and be curved.  I'm not even certain that they are glass - they could be
clear plastic.

Any ideas what could be broken and be the source of my mystery pieces of
"glass"?

Dave Martin
Endwell, NY