Spica cleaning questions

Hello all..

After it looking like there is light at the end of the tunnel on the conflict
with the former owner.. I'm starting to do more work on my 77 Spider.

I have a few questions..
How does one drain the oil in the Spica pump? The big hex nut that is
part of the cold start solenoid dashpot? Does this drain the rack section,
or just the logic section? The oil in there is very dark and nasty, (but not
very gasoline flavored) even though I have a few hundred miles on a oil
change. That (engine) oil still looks very clean. How do you flush out
the older stuff, assuming it won't all drain? I seem to remember someone
stating that pouring a pint or so of oil down the barometric capsule hole
was a way to go.. and it overflows down into the oil sump? A reccomended
procedure?

I finally ordered and recieved a Spica oil filter, and will change that too..

How much oil level is normal in the logic section? I'm doing all my looking
thru the barometric capsule hole, BTW. It looks like half or less of the 3d cam
is covered, when I look in there.

What can one do to assess what shape your Spica is in? I've heard oil leaks
on the bottom indicate problems, but don't know to take that seriously or not.
(Problems with a gasket, maybe?) I will be trying to get this car able to pass
the tightest CA smog tests, and want to know if I can expect all the OTHER
engine work will do the job, or will my aging Spica do me in after all?

Finally, the little O ring that goes in the idle air adjustment body... that I don't
have... is it a common size, or does one need to order it someplace? Where's
a good someplace?

Hmmmm... guess that was more than a few..

Jon and Marcia..

77 Spider (smokes and drinks to excess, going into rehab)