for the upper and lower holes on the block.  IIRC, I ended up with 2 of the
arms sharing one slot on the pivot plate.  Also, get some grade 8 hardware
with plenty of big fender washers to support the upper block holes so you
don't mangle 'em.  And be CAREFUL when you go to rotate the engine -- when
mounted on this type of stand the center of gravity ends up well above the
pivot point until you pull the head, so you need to take it slow and hold the
engine.

I was advised that moving the hoist loop from the #5-#6 head bolts up to the
#3-#4 head bolts will make it easier to get the angle of the dangle right to
pull the engine and trans.  This was good advice and accurate, but
unfortunately I wasn't told this until after I had wrestled the engine and
trans out and had put a nice scrape on the nose of my GTV...  Made it go back
in much easier, though.  And remember you'll have to remove the steering cross
bar to get the trans to clear.

Cheers,
Tony