Tach and Top, or the Tacky Top

Hello all.  I read a while back about being able to adjust a tachometer I
believe on a Milano or GTV by turning an adjusting screw.  I have a tach on
my 91 Spider that is running about 1,000 rpm slow and getting slower with
time.  Does anyone know if there is a similar adjusting screw or other way
of adjusting this tach?

Also, the canvas top on this Spider is still in fair shape, not ready to
replace it yet, but is seeps water through the top when it rains.  Can I
spray tent water proofing on this type of top to help extend its life?

Thanks for any help,
Mike B
91 Spider (Rosa)