Just test drove a "perfect" 1991 Spider- impressions

Hi guys, I finally got to test drive a Spider
yesterday!  Here are some things I noticed and a few
questions I have-

-it smelled like my 1980 928 (that old vinyl sitting
in the sun smell)

-it was a little difficult to drive (arms straight
out, top of thighs rubbing the bottom of the steering
wheel, relatively long reach for gear shift)

-downshifting from second to first gear, at a stop,
the gears grind most of the time (is this just this
Spider or is it common?)and when taking off in first
the car would vibrate for a short time.

-the brakes were dangerously weak

-tires squealed on most take-offs (especially when
making a turn)

-plus: glove box was warped, turn signals didn't work,
Airbag light flashed continually.

Other than these things, it was a BLAST!  Sooo
beautiful too...

Can anyone tell me if these things are common or just
this car?
HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
http://www.hotjobs.com