RE: Superchargers, EFI and TS

Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 17:31:15 -0400
From: Keith Strini <keith.strini@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: Superchargers, EFI, & Twin Sparks

On 8/16/02 4:57 PM, "alfacybersite" <acs@domain.elided> wrote:

Ahh, the thread which won't go away...'cause I have it on life support.

C'mon, certainly some of you have successfully 'played' with one or more
of the above subject items. Send photos and information.

In the Sept. Road & Track a supercharged Honda S200 is shown. The car
was (re) engineered by Vortech (same brand, but obviously not the same
model) as Jim Steck tried using for the Bonnie Bonneville engine.

Knowing close to diddly about any of the above subject items, I gather
supercharger whine is a problem. The Vortech folks used a V-2 SQ as in
Super Quiet. Ahmet Tuncay in response to one of my questions went into
some detail about (somewhat) silencing the supercharger in his GTV. I'll
be adding the comments to 'his' page on my site.

Those of you who have a 4-cylinder Alfa, reasonably deep pockets, want
considerably more power - especially Right off the line, want to keep it
Alfa, and still be able to pass 'smog'...this has to be the ultimate
combination.

I somewhat gather there's a fairly good handful of folks at least
considering some or all of the above subject items. How about sharing
information / results (both good and bad) with 'us unwashed'. It's quite
possible you might be attempting to reinvent the wheel. I'll be happy to
add to my site as long as I also receive photos / jpgs along with the
info. We all like to see visual stuff - especially go fast visual stuff.

Not goin' away...

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA

Anyone interested in seeing the 'blown' Besic / Steck Bonneville turbo
engine? I mean blown as in 'up'. Jim sent me some jpgs I could add to my
site. I thought about adding them under 'after' - along with the comment
- after establishing the New Bonneville Land Speed Record in B/GFMS of
203.108 MPH.

By the by - Congratulations to Bonnie's entire Team!

I second the motion. I am very interested in this subject and have spoken
with Jim Steck about a supercharger project for my 2.0L engine I would be
very interested in hearing how some others projects went.

Keith Strini

I have a NA TS engine in my spider and I can say that it is a lot more fun than the stock engine.  I will soon be swaping in a 4:56 rear end b/c the engine likes to live above 4500rpm at the moment.  As soon as I find some garage space I am going to install an Autronic Programmable ECU followed closely by a Turbo.

I'll let the group know how things go.

Kelly M
88 Spider TS (looking for a free supercharger)
74 GTV (TS soon)
72  Berlina (TS or 1.8 Turbo Soon)