RE: was Alfetta Lust...now GTV6 bumpers

Howdy,

Boy, you guys are sharp! I wondered if anybody would notice these slight incongruities. I flipped the "passanger side" picture so they could easily be compared. Were you the same guy that was asking about the mirror gaskets a couple weeks ago on the digest? Er no you can't have em, at least not till I replace them with chrome talbots or spider mirrors. I only had em off to stop the rust that was forming underneath the top mirror bolt (another gtv6 "improvement").

While on the subject of gtv6 cladding, did you see Sports Car Market's explination of their Collectibility ratings in their Pocket Price Guide? The rating for Teir C, which is where they rated the gtv6, was "Cars that have some interest, but had few speacial or desireable characteristics. Examples are Porche 914, the Saab Sonet II or the Triumph TR4". Given the greatness of the gtv6 in my mind, I'm led to think that its the 80's cladding and cheapy interior plastic that keeps it from having the appeal that a pure Bertone car (such as the gtv) enjoys. Certainly the rest of the car is up to snuff with higher tiered cars.

Steve Remington
85 gtv6
91 164