Re: milano shift linkage

Carson or Wendy wrote:
I was able to find all the parts I needed at EB spares though
highwood knew what I was talking about and could get them in a week. Everybody I talked to in north america was clueless. ymmv,
Vick's has the entire kit (all bushings, rose joints, washers, pins, etc) ready to go for $90.

My shifter was so sloppy it was hard to get into 5th gear... When I finally was able to attack it, I found that the bolt connecting the shift lever to the linkage had loosened. In the process it had worn the original bushing oval, and mutilated itself and it's threads.

I chucked the bushing in my lathe and bored it so that it slip fit over an M8 bolt, lubed everything, and reassembled. It was a huge difference. No more rattling shifter either.

--Mark