GTV6 Brake Feel

I'm getting very comfortable with my new-to-me '86 GTV6 but the one
thing that bothers me is the brake feel.  When I brake medium-hard from
high speed, I get quite a bit of vibration through the pedal.  At low
speeds, it's quite smooth.  I'm used to a very solid, rock steady feel
so it bothers me somewhat.

Is there something wrong with my brakes or is it just the way a GTV6
feels?  I've never driven another one so I have no way of comparing.  My
mechanic tells me the brakes are fine - pads and rotors are well within
tolerances.

Henry