Supercharged TS...

Oh, my friends....  You all make me laugh- "its too expensive" or "too difficult" to put a blower on a TS motor.

Here's what you do- first of all, buy 3 TS motors from Italy for $1200 including shipping, sell 2 for $1000.  Cost- $200.

Find an Eaton blower that was used on a 3.8l Ford.  Its essentially the same blower used on the GM products, but with a much shorter nose on it.  Cost- $100-$400 depending on where you get it.

Hopefully, you have a front pulley for an A/C engine, as you can use the front pulley to drive the blower.

Next- the bracket....  Well, no way around this- have fun fabricating this.

Fuel injection- Find one you are happy with- cost between $500-$5000.

Intercooling- well, depends on what you want to do.  For me, its water injection- simple, and easy packaging.  But there is no reason you could not do air-air or air-water cooling.  Just need to be creative with the plumbing.  Cost of an intercooler- $100-$500 on e-bay (we got the Toyota system for our Challenge car for all of $100).

Engine mods- the only one you NEED would be lowering the compression.  You could easily machine the ones in there to lower them .5-1 ratio (hey, its what Calloway did on the V6!).

I can't tell you how many times I've thought about the above project.  The more careful we are, the more likely we could do it for a GRM project.  Especially when fellow team members REALLY want to do this.

Eric Storhok
Core Emissions and Fuel Economy Team
Advanced Powertrain Engineering
(313)33x75011