Re: She cannah take tha' mooch pawr-r-r, Cahptain!

P = IE

P (power) is 350 watts
E (voltage) is 12 volts

350 = 12 I

I (current)  = 29.167 amps

so your fuse is O(10 amps) too small.

where my experience falls short is i'm not sure how much current you can
safely draw through 12 gauge wire, but i'd think it can take 30 amps. any
EE types who can answer that?

Sounds about right.. depending on ambient temp, and how much temp rise you are willing to allow.
I checked in a book of such info.. for single insulated wire at room temp, it is considered ok for 25-30A.

Check how hot it's getting, especially at your connections, (that's where the highest resistances are usually found)
make sure your relay is rated for at least 30A.. and check your insulation type and temp rating against the
enviroment it's running thru. You might want to go for a 35A fuse. perhaps also the relay. but on the other hand, the high beam is a fairly low duty cycle device (normally).

Jon