Re: Electric Cooling Fan in '87 Spider Veloce

In a message dated 8/5/2002 12:34:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Subject: Electric Cooling Fan in '87 Spider Veloce

John, I have the same set up. Black 87 Spider. The fan is controlled by a
temperature sensor attached to the fan shroud inside the engine compartment
as well as by the AC compressor. In other words, in addition to being turned
on by the AC, the thermostat is controlled by ambient temperature under the
hood. I guess the idea is to keep exhaust heat from damaging rubber parts,
hood paint, etc. My fan sometimes stays on for 10 or 15 minutes, especially
on a hot day when parked over hot asphalt or in the sun. I will usually try
to lift the hood to let it cool down, that is if I am parking somewhere where
I dont have to worry about vandalism. With the  hood up it will usually shuo
off in less than 5 minutes.
Mike Morgan
Atlanta, GA