1974 GTV driveshaft issues

[i'm resending this because the first one was sent from an account w/o
posting privileges. if two copies show up, well, oops. --rpw]

one thing that Keith Goring did advise me of when i got my car back was
that the splined section of the driveshaft was shot and needed to be
replaced.

i see that IAP carries rebuilt rear sections, but in reviewing the
propeller shaft section of the car disc, i also see lots of instructions
about marking pieces when they come apart. obviously, i can mark how the
rear section attaches, and then of course i'm going to bolt in a completely
different rear section. are there any serious balance issues i need to be
aware of here, or should i just have at it?

thanks,
  richard