Re: Monterey Historics

In a message dated 8/2/2002 1:18:35 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Andrew Watry
writes:

> My summer plans are changing such that I might be able to get to one day of
> the Monterey Historics (Aug 16-18).  I haven't seen much talk about it
> (maybe I haven't been listening) but is there going to be an Alfa corral as
> in other years?  Is ARA or Delta/Sierra handling the corral, if any, and
> any
> special deal on tickets for ARA members?  Or should I just order tickets
> through the Monterey Historics website?

Andrew:

Yes, there is a Santa Claus- oh no, that's another subject.  To answer your
real questions, there will be an Alfa Corral at Monterey this year, tickets
were available through ARA (Les and Lynne Fitzsimmons) but it is now too
late, and they were not specially priced (i.e., same price as the Historics
site is offering them) and probably almost everybody will be at Concorso
Italiano at Quail Lodge on Friday.  You could get in touch with Les
Fitzsimmons by e-mail at LLFitzsmo@domain.elided to see if you can still get a
corral pass but the time-out date was July 1.  Also, any tickets ordered now
from the web site are going to be held at the Will Call, Registration and
Volunteer Center, which is located at the Emassy Suites Hotel - Highways 1
and 218 (Canyon del Rey).

Hope this helps-  why not join ARA soon?

John Maclay
'64 2600 Spider
'91 164 L