jack stands and a Spider

       I jack up my 84 Alfa Spider race car by just putting the floor jack
under the rocker panels about the center of the doors.  The paint is getting
a bit torn up under there so you should put a board on top of the jack.  I
rarely do that since the car is so low and I get in a hurry at the race track.
       Put one side up on two stands and then lift the other side.  Check the
first side to make sure the jacks are still centered after the second side is
done.
      Before I get under the car, I shake it vigorously.  If it falls off the
stands, I do not get under it.  If it stays in the air, I deem it safe.

       On most Alfas, I drive the front up onto ramps.  I lift the rear under
the center of the axle and put stands under the rear axle.  If I want to work
on the front suspension, I lift the front off the ramps with the floor jack
under the center of the front cross member and put stands under the front
jacking points.  I do the same if I want to work on the rear suspension.
       Again, shake the car before you get under it.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City