RE: Steering box

Paul, As far as I remember your Spider is a 72. The steering box needs
to come outta the car in order to take it apart. You need to remove the
exhaust manifold in the process and don't put the master cylinders back
on 'till the box is back in. The reason you have to take the whole box
out is the shaft. It is firmly attached to the box. You also have to
take the steering wheel and the steering tube off. It is quite a task. I
would say that if your box is OK without play or bad noises, fill it up
with 80W90 oil again.

Henrik