116 berlina bodywork similarities/dissimilarities

Henrik Johansen and I and probably many others are in agreement that the
similarities and differences among the various Alfa 116 sedan hulls - Alfetta
first series, Alfetta second series, Giulietta Nuova, 90, and 75 -probably are
not of consuming interest to many. Any who wish to seek the opinions of
experienced bodybuilders as he does certainly may. Parts fiches might also
offer evidence. For some, a simple comparison of photographs should suffice.

 The dimensions given in books are probably no more or less reliable than
production figures. His newly acquired book give a 2500 mm wheelbase for both
models; mine give 2510 for all of the 116 four-doors. Trivial? Of course.

 On the fuel-tank locations, I believe that all US 116s, both coupe and sedan,
four and six cylinder, had the tank between the wheels immediately behind the
rear seat; the only sectional drawing I have seen of the Giulietta Nuova
(Fusi, p.810) shows that car's tank in that location also. Every sectional
drawing I have seen of non-US Alfettas, 90s, and 75s has shown their fuel
tanks below the trunk floor, with identical capacities given in their data
sheets. I have seen nothing on the tank location of the non-US GTV 6.

I hope Henrik will not think I am trying to have the last word; I am not, he
is most welcome to add anything further but I have no intention of doing so.

Cordially,

John