Re: alfa-digest V8 #950

In a message dated 7/24/2002 1:11:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 12:08:37 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Don Banfield <banfield@domain.elided>
> Subject: Fuel pump dies.... steps to take?
>
> Hi,
>     On my way to work today, about 1 mile away, my 88 alfa spider's
> engine abruptly starting slowing down....
>
>     My question is:  What do you suspect the problem is?
>
>     I'm guessing the fuel pump (one of them).  Or perhaps the fuse
> that runs the fuel pump?  Perhaps a relay for the FI system?  Something
> else?
>
>     Thanks alot!
>
> Don Banfield
>
> Don Banfield                    Senior Research Associate
> banfield@domain.elided                   Cornell University Astronomy

       It's probably the fuel pump fuse which is located in an inline fuse
holder under the carpet on the shelf behind the passenger seat.  They get
dirty and corroded, build up high resistance and eventually cook themselves
and the fuse holder at the same time.

Skip
67 Duetto
Norfolk, Va.