Re: Metric pressure to ft lbs conversion

You're trying to convert the wrong units.  Bar is a measure of pressure,
and is equivalent to pounds per square inch (psi).  ft lbs is a measure
of force.

1 bar = 14.5 psi = 0.986 atmosphere.

1 bar is also 100 kiloPascals (kpa), which is another common measure of
pressure.

8.2 bar would be 119 psi.

james montebello