Re: 164 clutch shudder

Zack,

I feel like a detective trying to put together the pieces.  Since my problem did not appear immediately after the clutch job; has disappeared briefly  and come back; I am suspecting something external to the clutch.  The S has a special damper in the hydraulic system.  That and the overall clutch release system is the focus of my thinking.  Right now that's all I am doing.  I am hoping some sharp "digesters" can diagnose this one.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Zacharey Cox (Siemens Business Services Inc)
  To: daegrigg@domain.elided
  Sent: Monday, July 22, 2002 5:49 PM
  Subject: re: 164 clutch shudder

  Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 08:50:48 -0700

  From: "Daegrigg (Don)" <daegrigg@domain.elided>

  Subject: 164 clutch shudder

  I have a annoying shudder when I let out the clutch on my 91 164.  It can be minimized with by feathering the clutch a bit but it is not as it should be.  When I replaced the clutch about 8 months ago,  all seemed OK.  Shudder seemed to start after the clutch r/r but not right after.  (Flywheel seem ok from visual and finger inspection.)  Anyone with a similar experience and/or solution.

  Thanks,

  Don

  Don- I noticed this same exact thing after having the clutch replaced in my 164S.  Please let me know if you find a solution to the problem.  I had my flywheel replaced as well.

  Thanks,

  Zach

  Redmond, WA