Re: The Graduate, dumb question.

At 10:54 AM 7/22/02 -0700, George Graves wrote:

>Snip

The sound-effects guy has recordings of practically everything else and just uses what's available for many sounds, including cars (you have noticed that 'Bullit's' Mustang GT sounds NOTHING like an American V8).
I don't remember which movie it was now but my all time favorite was a scene involving a guy riding on a British twin, a Triumph if I remember right. The sound effects guy definitely blew it. The sound track was of a small 2 stroke, something like a 175 enduro bike. I almost fell out of my seat laughing...

Ed