GTV 6 Oil pump tubing and hose

Earlier in July the following question was posted:

"I dropped by the dissection of a 2.5L V6 at Kollmann's tonight, and noticed
something new to me."

"Can anyone tell me (us) what the approx. 8mm I.D. U-shaped tube is, that is
wrapped around the oil pump pickup in the sump? The bottom of the U points
toward the rear, one end appears to be pinched almost shut and the other
had a short, apparently broken, length of rubber tube held on by a normal
Alfa hose clamp---not the sort of thing I'd expect Alfa to put in a sump.
Is it an oil return from somewhere above that has been cut or broken, and
the rest of the tube thrashed to rubber dust by the spinning
machinery? Maybe something from the oil separator?"

I was wondering the same thing. On mine the rubber hose is about 24 inches or so long that is attached to the U-shaped metal tube .

There didn't appear to be any replies on the forum ( maybe I missed them).

Peter
Edmonton, Alberta
77 Spider
83 GTV 6