yee haw

Well, I'm finally back on the road with new valvestem seals, high-rev valve springs, and Shankle cams--many thanks to those who provided advice, lent me tools, sold me cams, etc, etc. The initial impressions are very positive.

On a less positive note, get a load of this--my headlight switch failed a few weeks ago, much to my chagrin, since I'd bought relays and was merely too lazy to install them. So I spend money and get another complete column switch assembly, and I'm going to have to pull the wheel to install it and the threads in my wheel are already trashed, and I'm thinking that this is really going to suck but "at least I'll get working turn signal cancellation out of it." Well go figure, the turn signal cancellation on the old switch started working tonight!!!! So, all of you GTV6 owners out there with non-functioning turn signal cancellation, I strongly suggest that you put a steering wheel puller on your wheel, tighten it just a little bit, bang on it with a hammer, and shout naughty words at it for about 10 minutes. This seems to be the solution.

Cheers,
Joe Elliott
'82 GTV6 <-- kicking ass
'73 Opel GT <-- taking up space