stripped cam cap stud & Keen-Serts

Hi Digesters

I have a stripped cam cap stud on a 1750 head. Its in the car so I am
not taking it out to a machine shop. I have the correct size Keen-Serts,
drill and tap to create new threads for the stud.

Has anyone done this and do you have any advice? How did it work? It
seems like a pretty big hole to drill to get the Keen-Serts to fit and I
am = wondering why not just tap the whole that the stud was in and place
in a larger size stud, instead of going to  Keen-Serts option, but I
guess a larger stud would be too fat for the cam cap?

Robert Watson

Novato CA

69 Spider