Alfa Spider frame stiffener - a testimonial

Good morning digesti-
I recently sprung for the spider frame stiffener set-up as advertised in IAP
and Centerline catalogs. It is quite spendy at $460 plus installation,
another $200. BUT it really works. Of course you can't see much effect when
putting around, but find yourself a typical curvy and poorly surfaced road
and its benefit is obvious. The car seems to be planted on the road with the
suspension actually doing its job instead of moving the flexi chassis
around. I installed it in my '69 1750 Spider which had already received
Konis, set at full soft, and Centerline springs. One thing that I noticed
was that you feel tire/road vibration slightly more. I assume that the
softer chassis provides some isolation, but this is not a particularly
significant side effect. If you can afford it, I recommend it highly.
Regards,
--John Cecil
<jcecil@domain.elided>