Hazard warnings, both real and figurative

I was interested, and I am embarrassed to say, slightly amused by the
immediate sequential juxtaposition of Biba's reply to the hazard switch wiring
question ("doubt if ANY ONE ON THIS ERUDITE DIGEST (oops, so sorry) can answer
your question") with Carl R. Davis' succinct and complete answer. I suspect
that at least part of the explanation for the difference could lie in Davis
having, and/or Biba lacking, a list of the DIN wiring codes normally used to
mark terminals. If I am wrong on this, I apologize. The list I have is from an
AR Service Bulletin 66-02, June 1983. If it is incorrect, incomplete, or has
been revised later I would be interested in any addenda from any source. That
said, if any others who don't have it might find such information useful, here
is what Alfa said DIN said:

TERMINAL      APPLICATION

1           Low voltage (ignition coil, distributor)

4           High voltage (ignition coil, distributor)

15          Switched positive output from battery, ignition switch

15a         output at ballast resistor to ignition coil

30          Input direct from battery positive

31          Return direct to battery

31b         Return to battery negative via switch or relay

48          Control of starting terminal at starter motor

49          Turn signal flasher (pulse generator) input

49a         Turn signal flasher output (pulse generator)

49b         Turn signal flasher output/second flasher output

49c         Turn signal flasher output/third flasher output

50          Starting motor control (direct)

50a         Starting motor control output at series parallel switch

50c         Starting motor relay input for follow-up

51          DC voltage at rectifier of AC alternator

53          Wiper motor output (+)

53a         Wiper (+), parking

53b         Wiper (shunt winding)

53c         Windshield washer pump

53e         Wiper (brake winding)

53i         Wiper (third motor brush)

55          Fog lamp

56          Head lamp

56a         Upper beam indicator

56b         Lower beam

56d         Head lamp flasher contact

57          Side marker lamp

57a         Parking lamp

58          Side marker, license plate light

59          AC voltage output rectifier input

59a         Charging armature output

59b         Tail lamp armature output

59c         Stop lamp armature output

61          Charge indicator

71          Horn sequence control device

71a         To horns 1 + 2 low

71b         To horns 1 + 2 high

75          Radio, cigar lighter

76          Speaker

            SWITCHES

81          Break and transfer controls, input

81a         First output

81b         Second output

82          Make contact, input

82a         Make contact, first output

82b         Make contact, second output

82z         Make contact, first input

82y         Make contact, second input

83          Input

83a         Output position 1

83b         Output position 2

            CURRENT RELAYS

84          Drive system and relay contact input

84a         Drive system output

84b         Relay contact, output

            SWITCHING RELAYS

85          Drive system, output (end of winding negative or ground)

86          Drive system, input start of winding

86a         Start of winding or first winding

86b         Winding tap or second winding

87          Relay contact for brake contact and transfer contact, input

87a         First output

87b         Second output

87c         Third output

87z         First input

87x         Third input

88          Relay contact for make contact input

88a         First output

88b         Second output

88c         Third output

88z         First input contact

88y         Second input

88x         Third input

            GENERATOR AND GENERATOR REGULATOR

B+          Battery positive

B-          Battery negative

D+          Dynamo positive

D-          Dynamo negative

Df          Dynamo field

J           Alternator with separate rectifier excitation winding positive

K           Excitation winding negative

Mp          Center point terminal

U,V,W       Alternator three-phase AC terminals

Note also that Autolite, Delco-Remy, Italian, Lucas, and Ducellier have some
different codes. In the GENERATOR AND GENERATOR REGULATOR group,

DIN   =      Italian

B+    =      30

Df    =      67

D+    =      15