GTV serpents (was quadrifoglios)

Richard writes:
> your 74 will have green serpents...

This one has been puzzling me for some time.  What color are the GTV
serpents supposed to be?  I have seen these C-pillar badges both with
green serpents and with no coloring (so that the serpent is the same
rough silver as the rest of the badge).  My '74 GTV 2000 (or 2000 GT
Veloce, to those who are particular about such things) has the silver
version (and it looks very clean, so I doubt the color just chipped
off).  I have seen other cars in the New England club chapter with the
silver badges as well, but all of the replacements I see in catalogs are
green, and most published photos have green.  Is there a "correct"
version?  Were both used at varying times?  My car was repainted in the
early '80s, so there's a chance the badges have been replaced, if that
matters.

Jeff Matson
Harvard, MA
'74 2000 GT Veloce