Re: re: quote without comment

on 7/15/02 7:33 PM, alfa-digest at owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided wrote:

> Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 14:39:14 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Tessie McMillan <tessmc@domain.elided>
> Subject: re: quote without comment
>
> OK, I'll be the one to ask a dumb question. I missed the original NYT
> article since I've been on vacation a week and not going onto the Net
> much.
>
> What does "Quadrifoglio" really stand for? There is a Quad Spider, but
> that's just a glorified Veloce with ground effects, fancy skirts, hardtop,
> and 16" wheels. How does that differ from, say, a 164 Quad?
>
> Aside from that, here's another dumb question: when someone says
> "four-valve", do they mean two intake and two exhaust, or four intake and
> four exhaust (which would really be eight)?
>
> Tess

"Quadrifoglio" simply means four-leaf clover in Italian. Alfa has used it,
on-and-off since the nineteen-twenties on various competition cars (the
first is said to be the 1924 RL Targa Florio model) usually on a white
triangle background. The "Quadrifolgio Verde" as it is more properly called,
has also shown up on many street Alfas as well, such as the 105 series
Bertone GTVs and GTAs of the mid-'sixties to the mid-'seventies.