Alfa adventure in France

My trip to France was a blast -- saw many, many new Alfas -- the 156
sportwagon is simply stunning (and fun too, more on that later).
Sitting outside a cafe near the Parc Morceau, an Alfa 75 America (3.0l
Verde) parks right in front of the cafe, and a 156 parks behind him a
few minutes later and a 147 behind him a few minutes after that!  My
wife, who is by no means an Alfa fan, says that Alfa is seriously
missing the boat by not bringing the 156 wagon to the US -- even she'd
buy one just on the looks alone(!)

I couldn't locate a store that had a 50mm hitch ball, but that was the
only disappointment.

We were on the train back to the airport yesterday when President Chirac
was shot at by a lunatic.  The train were immediately stopped and all
the passengers asked to get off the train. So here I was with my family,
in the square at Aubrey-sous-bois, with no way to the airport.  After a
fruitless 45 minutes, trying to either raise a taxi or find out when the
train would be restarted, along with the literally hundreds of other
passengers all trying to do the same thing, my son, the irrepressible 17
year old that he is, grabs my red Alfa Romeo sweatshirt and uses it to
flag down a passing 156 wagon (!), who, to my surprise, agrees to take
the 3 of us to the airport (my wife was on a different train).  And it
only cost me the sweatshirt (and all my Euros <g>).  Impressions from
the passenger seat:  Alfa got this one very, very right-- there was room
for 4 and our luggage (we do travel light), nice power from the 4
cylinder, nicely finished inside, handles well (the driver did show off
a *little*).  We made our flight with minutes to spare . .  . .

Damn, I want one.  Now, does anyone know if AJS is still making those
red Alfa sweatshirts with the silver script across the front?

Bill Bain
AROC Atlanta
'83 Spider
'87 Milano SIlver