a/c belt

Bert

Years back, a real ALfa mechanic showed me how:

Start the belt out of the pulley at one end.  With the trans. in reverse, push
the bumper with your knees, rolling tthe car back, hence turning the
engine/crank pulley, and the belt will walk off.  Reverse the steps to
reinstall.

I did this on a Milano, with front opening hood.  I assume you've removed the
GTV6 hood to do the pump work.
The pumps are expected to be replaced at 30K, but frequently die sooner.  Be
sure not to over tighten the water pump belt, as this is sometimes blamed.

Also, this is a good time to replace the cam timing belt. Use a factory spec
part, not the cheaper ones.

Ray Boniface