Re: 1982 GTV-6: stuck pin in rear caliper

I went through the same thing. If you tap on that pin a bit more the L part will snap off.

It's way easier to just remove the caliper and fix it on the bench. Now that you have access you can just put a pair of vice grips on it and work it loose. While it's on the bench you can check the condition of the dust boots, and clean up the exposed part of the piston if necessary.

IAP has replacement springs and pins for about $5 a caliper for the rear (they have no front pins which sucks.) I put a little anti-sieze on mine when I reassembled.

--Mark