Bosch Platinums on a 91 Spider

I was having some emissions work done a couple months ago on my Spider and
my mechanic replaced the Golden Lodge plugs with Bosch Platinums (single
electrode type).  I noticed that I was getting a fair amount of
dieseling/detonation between 2000-2500 rpm at half-throttle or so...
normally when I'm stuck behind grandma on a country road, barely cruising
along in 4th...that type of thing.

Anyway, I never noticed the problem prior to the emissions tune up, so I
purchased a new set of Golden Lodge plugs and the problem cleared itself.  I
d be curious to see what the car would do with the new Bosch +4s, but why
spend another 25-30 on more plugs if the car is running well?  I was
suprised that the car didn't like the Platinums though.

-Rob Bitzer
 91 Spider
 Freehold, NJ