Mech. Speedo ratio's, Spider Euro gauges wanted

Hi Group:

In an effort to 'Italianize' my '74 US Spider, I'd like to change (among other things) all the gauges to those that feature Italian text and European measurement units. I've already got the 3 small gauges (benzina, olio and acqua), but I still need a speedometer (km) and tachometer (giri). My question concerns the calibration for the speedometer (notice that I didn't say accuracy). What determines this? Alfa has used various rear axle ratios for different model years and maybe also for different markets. Is it the speedometer itself that has to match the rear axle ratio, or does the speedo drive gear in the transmission have to match the rear axle ratio?

Also, what triggers the later (pre-'85) electronic tachs? Is there just a connection to the ignition coil? I ask because one of those may be easier to find, and they are just marked 'x 100', with neither 'rpm' or 'giri' on the gauge face. Any chance they're any more accurate than the cable-drive tachs?

Anyone have any of these 'Italian/Euro' gauges for sale, in reasonable condition?

Thanks for any info you all might have to share.

Regards,

Dean W. Cains
Lutz, FL
'74 Spider Veloce (the Spica iniezione stays put, and is more than Italian-enough for me)