The corrosion of conformity (slight Alfa content)

Biba, "Just musing in Irwindale, CA USA", wonders "who could possibly
obviously have appreciation for Alfa's engineering then own a vehicle which
was for all intents and purposes obsolete (engineering wise not to mention
aesthetics) in what? 1919? Or was it earlier?"

Practically anyone who doesn't have a one-track mind. A narrow-enough focus
can aggregate a vast quantity of identical objects; a slight broadening can
lead to collecting subtle variations on a narrow theme- say, each of one's
Duettos a slightly different shade of red. At the other end lies zero
redundancy, with, perhaps, each entity being a choice specimen of its peculiar
class. I was surprised (and slightly delighted) to have run into not one but
two Alfa owners whose other car was a Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz convertible.
I don't know Tim personally, but his three Alfas- a '71 Giulia 1300 Super, '78
F-12 Diesel Van, and a '92 Spider, certainly tilt in the direction of his
being someone whose attic, bookshelves, and pantry might be very interesting
indeed, even if difficult to grasp inuitively, and the Harley reinforces that
impression.

Reminds me of Joe C.'s felicitous formulation, YMWillV. Vive la difference -

Cheers

John H.