spider suspension

To all,
I have a 79 spider that I have been working on for a while.( I just got the
steering wheel off, what a pain that was!) Anyway yesterday I was pushing
down on the 4 corners of the car to test the shocks and there was no
excessive bouncing to indicate that the car needed shocks , but there was a
lot of squeaking noises coming from under the car. A guy at work told me
that the squeaking meant that I needed to lubricate and or replace the
bushings on the suspension. Is there an order that I should follow and a
list of items I should replace? As far as I can tell there has not been any
suspension works done on the car since it was new, so I probably need
everything. I look forward to your response.
Thanks,
Pat Crawford
Dallas