Re: GTV6 Dash Cap

on 7/9/02 6:01 AM, alfa-digest at owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided wrote:

> Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 07:43:50 -0400
> From: "Henry Kim" <henry.kim@domain.elided>
> Subject: GTV6 Dash Cap
>
> I'm looking for feedback on the GTV6 dash cap from Centerline.  So far I
> have only heard one opinion and it was negative.  Anyone have experience
> with this product?

Give it a pass. I bought one and I couldn't get it to fit. Not only that,
but its not black, its a kind of anthracite gray, so it doesn't match, say,
the door on the glove-box. A much better idea (in my opinion) is to call
IAP, in Virginia. They can sell you (for about $30) a 'carpet' dash cover.
It is designed so that it fits under the defroster outlets!. The thing is
contoured to follow all the valleys (like for the aforementioned vents) and
fits like a glove. Just make sure you buy lots of extra Velcro. The
manufacturer doesn't give you enough. Be careful, take your time, and you
will be rewarded with a nice-looking dash-top that TOTALLY eliminates
reflections off of that steeply raked GTV-6 windshield.

George Graves