More on the Milano problem...

The most common response to my query seems to be "no" -- the Alfetta
transmission will not go into the Milano without a major struggle. Nor would
you want it there in the first place. Especially in my case: my Verde has
several performance enhancements which  bring the HP to a rumored 250.

A couple responses really got me thinking about the symptoms I observed
before failure. I'm inclined to think now that the problem might be the
clutch assembly. Anyone on the Digest want to trade a complete Milano clutch
assembly for a complete, non-running, poor condition Alfetta GT? (Figured I
had to ask even though the odds are staggeringly slim...partial trades will
be considered.)

Thanks to you all for the many and quick responses!

- Eric Hambleton, Marietta, GA

Ps. - am listing many 164 parts on eBay this week to offset the $550 hit to
my checkbook that the clutch will cause. Search for seller ejham_2001. I've
relisted some of the previous items with a reduced reserve and will be
adding new stuff. Let's see what a Motronic ECU fetches...or a set of 1.5
year old stepper motors.