Re: MGB - the greatest sportscar of all time?

I love it! That is truly one hilarious anecdote.

I have one along similar lines. When I was 17 I got my
first Alfa - a '78 Alfetta GT. It was pretty quick as
far as Alfettas go. A good buddy of mine had a '67
Camaro SS 396. One day driving through Hope Ranch in
Santa Barbara where I grew up, I looked in my rear
view mirror to see a big fat "SS" right on my tail. He
was so close he could have set a drink on the hatch. I
punched the throttle into some S-bends to try and lose
him. Speed was climbing - 50, 55, 60 on a 30 mph curvy
road - but he stuck to my tail, although I could see
the big Detroit iron starting to wallow in the curves
big time. Then we hit a very short straightaway, doing
about 65, and he passed me like I was standing still.
It was at that moment that I realized the merits of
brute force horsepower, although I'll still take my
Alfa over a muscle car today.

George Theofanous
'74 GTV