Dean W. Cains
Lutz, FL
'74 Spider Veloce

At 03:22 PM 7/8/2002, you wrote:

Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 11:44:50 -0400
From: "Brian Shorey" <bshorey@domain.elided>
Subject: RE: bleeding air from cooling system

> Would someone refresh my memory on the method I've seen
> mentioned here about bleeding the air from the cooling system
> by squeezing a radiator hose?  I don't remember the
> particulars and I can't seem to get Google search on the Alfa
> digest website to work with my computer.  A direct response
> would be great as I'm about a week behind on my digest reading.  TIA.

Squeezing the hose is a trick to get some negative pressure into the
system so coolant won't leak while retorquing head bolts (trick courtesy
of Father Fred, IIRC).

I've never heard of it being used to bleed the system.  The bleed nut is
about as high in the system as you can get, have you tried that?

bs