removing wax residue

I want to thank all who responded to my question on how to best remove was
residue from black plastic surfaces.  I got many different responses and tried
3.  I picked these 3 because I already had this stuff around the house.  The
easiest and most convenient was Maguire's Quick Detail spray.  This is a spray
product designed for quick cleanup of lightly dirtied cars.  I don't recommend
it for use on heavy dirt or mud build up, but I have been using it
successfully for many years.  I usually use it when it rains shortly after I
have washed the car.  Anyhow, a quick spray on the black plastic item, wait a
few seconds and wipe aggressively with a towel removed most of the wax
residue.  For more stubborn wax penetration on textured plastic I used mineral
spirits on a cloth and rubbed it on the offending piece.  Lastly, I was
curious about the peanut butter idea.  Who doesn't have peanut butter around
the house?  At least here in the US most households do.  I understand in
Europe it may not be as widely available and I didn't have any Nutella around
to try.  But, the peanut butter did work.  Scoop some out, rub it on the
plastic piece and wipe off with towel.  My greyhound was really intrigued with
this process and kept wanting to assist with the removal of the peanut butter.
Thanks again for all the responses.

Rob Murphy
1990 Spider
Orange Park, Florida