Re: GTV6 Water leaks, elec. probs

on 7/7/02 7:02 PM, alfa-digest at owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided wrote:

> Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2002 09:57:01 -0400
> From: "Henry Kim" <henry.kim@domain.elided>
> Subject: GTV6 Water leaks, elec. probs
>
> I just got my new-to-me '86 GTV6 from my mechanic.  I spent over $2k
> getting everything freshened and updated - tensionsers, timing belt,
> etc.  Also, the wiring was a mess and my tech spent some time getting it
> cleaned up and looking factory fresh.
>
> But, it appears my mechanic has created two problems along with the
> fixes.  I know this kind of thing happens especially with a 16 year old
> car.  I'd like to ask the list their ideas of what went wrong so I can
> steer my mechanic in the right direction.
>
> 1) When I spray water into the front windshield vent, I get a small drip
> coming into the cabin just above the fuse box.  Since my mechanic was
> doing some fusebox fixes, I suspect something got knocked loose.
>
> 2) The clock and radio no longer work.  I know they are on the same fuse
> so that's the first thing I checked.  It's okay.
>
> Any ideas on the above?  It might help me get my car back from my
> mechanic quicker.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Henry

Can't help you with #1, but one piece of info that could help you on the
clock/radio problem. The clock and the turn-signals are on the same circuit.
If your turn-indicators still work, then the problem would have to be
upstream from the fuse block If the turn-indicators don't work, then the
problem is likely on downstream (i.e. on the battery side) of the fuse block

hope this helps

George Graves