carpet for a GTV

I'd like to get some carpet replacement advice for a 1967 Giulia Sprint GTV.

I think the original carpet for my car was something like "speckled grey" -
I've also seen it described as "salt and pepper". Can I get that anywhere?
What type of carpet was it? Is it available or is there an improved modern
equivalent?

And...what about fitting options - I guess there are 3...
1) buy a kit and fit it myself
2) buy a kit and get a pro to fit it
3) take the car to a pro and get them to source the materials and do the
whole thing.

anybody out there with some hard-won experience on this one? How difficult
is it to make the kits look good? I want something similar to the original
look but I'm not trying to win a concours.

Thanks for any advice

Richard
1967 GTV (LHD, standing pedals)