Re: alfa-digest V8 #894 Snell Helmets

Most of the hemet replies here are a little
uninformed. For accurate info concerning helmet
standards, please visit the Snell Memorial Foundation
Site:

www.smf.org/

There you can read the difference between motorcycle
and automobile helmet standards. Also you need to
verify the rules of the organization you plan to race
in. For instance SCCA does not allow any open face
helmets in anything above Solo II autocrossing.

I did pickup a very nice, like new, Bell Sport II
helmet with Snell SA95 rating for about 75 bucks about
a year ago on ebay. I went to various bike shops and
tried all of the various models on for size and then
went to ebay and waited for one in my size to come
available.

Another site for finding decent deals on helmets is
worth racing:

www.worthracing.com

Good Luck,

John Holliday
1979 Alfetta Sprint Veloce being reassembled (about 2
weeks to go)
BMW Mini Cooper S being assembled in August
http://sbc.yahoo.com