re: Cardisc CDs and Windows XP (or W2K)

When I upgraded my PC from an aging 233 MHz P2 running Windows 95 to my current W2000 1.7 GHz P3 screamer setup, I remembered the complaints on the digest about being unable to run the CarDisc on the latest OS.  My machine is now in a "dual-boot" configuration, meaning it can be run either with W2000 or W98 (tried W95 but it was too ancient to function with the new motherboard).  When I want to refer to my CarDisc, or one of a few other old DOS-based programs I have kicking around, I boot in W98 and it works fine.

I have to admit that I had a computer-savvy friend help me with the upgrade, since I would not be able to do it alone.  It didn't seem that hard, and if anyone wants to know how it was done I could ask.  I'm not sure how difficult it would be to go back from W2K to dual-boot, but it may be a useful option for those who have yet to upgrade.  I should add that I had the advantage of adding a second hard drive during the install, which makes doing this somewhat easier.

Dave J.
1987 Milano Verde (motor now out)
1964 2600 Sprint (carbs and gas tank out)