Re: Flywheel Timing Pin

Amanda,
       If I understand correctly, it's the timing pin in the flywheel that's
coming out, not the screw that holds the sensor to the bellhousing.  So it's
the threads in the flywheel (not the bellhousing) that is stripped?  If it's
the timing pin, why not tap a bigger hole and screw in the next size bolt?  A
regular bolt should do with an air gap of a few millimeters should give a
sufficient signal.
       If it's the threads in the bellhousing that have stripped, why not
just run a tap the next size up in the bellhousing (and drill a corresponding
larger hole in the block that holds the sensor)?
       Rather than remove the starter to get an idea of the ring gear
condition, why not remove the inspection plate at the bottom of the
bellhousing behind the oil sump?
       Hope this helps.

Good Luck,
Charlie