ISO Weber book

There are a few books around. Haynes do a book
on Weber carbs, but not vast amounts on the
downdraft carbs. The Haynes Sud / Sprint manual
has a few bits in it. There is a fair book on setting
up the Dellorto DRLA downdraft carbs, which I can
dig out the details if it would help. After that it is time
to dig out the Alfa 33 workshop manuals, or even
the Arna manuals.

Here's a wild idea that might work.. Find some old VW enthusiasts.. Many bugs in the 70's
and early 80's were hopped to the gills with dual downdraft Webers.. putting out 100-150-200hp,
for 20K-10K-5K miles.. (or something like that) Not bad for a motor designed to make 40hp!
At least, till they blow up.. ;-)

I no longer know about that scene.. but I imagine it's still going out there.. and they would need
some nice downdraft Weber info, and know where to find it..
So, see if there is a Paralell Universe called the VW Digest (or similar) out there, and you'll be all set.

Jon