Thanks for getting me unhornswaggled

     I want to thank everyone for the help in solving my non running engine
problem. Many thanks to Christopher Boles, Russ Neely, and Tom Sahines who
told me to take the NGK plugs and clean them and bake them at 350 degrees.
Having tried everything else, i did just that and it worked like a charm. It
seems the NGK plugs have a porous ceramic center and will absorb fuel in a
flooded situation. Top this off with having purchased a cold plug, and the
plugs just wouldnt fire. I have always used NGK's but have some Lodges on the
way now. Im a believer!
     It seems now that I am blowing fuses right and left. The connections are
basically sound, and wiring looks pretty good, but I am blowing both the fuse
in the starter circuit, and the one in the instrument circuit. I think when
the intrument fuse is blown, the starter fuse wont. Otherwise, that starter
fuse blows even if just driving down the road. A short in the instrument or
wiring perhaps? Hmmmmm....... any more expert advice?
        randy long
        73 Alfa Romeo Spider - under intense restoration
        73 BMW R75/5
        84 BMW R100CS
        93 BMW R100RT